|Orbicon | Leif Hansen evaluate Denmark’s Rural Development Programme||08-04-2010|
Rural Development programme is to improve quality of food, nature and the environment
|The Rural Development Programme consists of a number of support schemes which, among other things, will improve the quality of food, nature, the environment and living conditions in rural areas. The programme is funded by the EU on the condition that the results are evaluated. The Ministry for Food, Agriculture and Fisheries has asked Orbicon | Leif Hansen to take on this project.|
Orbicon | Leif Hansen are to implement an interim evaluation of the current Rural Development Programme for the period 2007 – 2013. The interim evaluation will examine a number of common evaluation questions developed by the European Commission.
The results of the programme must be reviewed and evaluated and the evaluation should indicate the extent to which the objectives of the Rural Development Programme are reached. The evaluation is expected to run from April 2010 to November 2010.
Orbicon | Leif Hansen will partner with Capacent on this project.
The Rural Development Programme’s nine support schemes
1. Innovation and development in the prime land, forestry and processing industry (The Business Plan Scheme)
2. Food quality
3. Unfavourable areas (The Island Support Scheme)
4. Environmentally friendly farming measures
5. Nature and environment projects
6. Establishment of landscape and bio-improving planting
7. Foresting schemes
8. New jobs and attractive living conditions in rural areas
9. Children and youth activities
Furthermore there will be an analysis of the functionality of:
10. Local NGO's
For further information on The Rural Development Programme and the support schemes please follow this link www.landdistriktsprogram.dk